In just a few minutes, you can make a chocolate cake in the microwave. You will need a mug, some common ingredients, and a little bit of time. The result is a soft and fluffy cake that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan)
- Grease and flour pan
- In a medium bowl, stir together all dry ingredients
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, water, and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened
- Pour batter into the prepared pan
- Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not underbake)
- Cool cake in pan on cooling rack 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack and cool completely before frosting
How to Make Chocolate Cake in Microwave?
Can You Make Cake in Microwave?
You can make a cake in the microwave, but it’s not going to be the same as a cake made in the oven. The texture will be different, and it won’t be as fluffy. If you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert, then making a cake in the microwave is a great option.
But if you’re looking for something that tastes like an oven-baked cake, then you should stick to traditional methods.
How Do You Make a Cake in the Microwave Mode?
Assuming you would like a cake recipe to be microwaved:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
1. Grease an 8-inch round microwave-safe dish with cooking spray and dust with flour. Tap out the excess. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together melted butter and sugar until well combined. Whisk in egg until smooth, then whisk in milk and vanilla extract until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated (do not overmix). Season batter with a pinch of salt, if desired. Pour batter into the prepared dish; spread into an even layer using a rubber spatula or spoon.
4. Microwave on high for 60-90 seconds*, or until cake is cooked through (a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean).
How Long Does It Take to Bake a Cake in the Microwave?
Assuming you are making a cake from a box mix, the average time it would take to bake a cake in the microwave is between 6 and 8 minutes. However, it is important to keep in mind that microwaves vary in power, so your cake may be done sooner or later than this range. It is also important to follow the instructions on the box mix, as some require you to cook the cake for a shorter or longer time depending on the size of your microwave.
Also Read: How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies in Microwave?
How Does Microwave Cake Work?
When it comes to cake, there’s nothing quite like a freshly baked one straight out of the oven. But sometimes, you just don’t have the time or patience to wait for a cake to bake. That’s where microwave cake comes in!
So how does microwave cake work? Essentially, it’s all about speed. Microwave cake is made with ingredients that cook quickly and evenly so that you can have your cake and eat it too – in just a few minutes!
One key ingredient in microwave cake is self-rising flour. This type of flour contains baking powder and salt, which help the cake to rise quickly and evenly. Another key ingredient is butter (or margarine), which helps to create a moist and fluffy texture.
To make a microwave cake, simply combine all of your ingredients in a bowl or mug, mix well, and then microwave for 1-2 minutes until cooked through. It really is that simple! Just be sure not to overcook your cake, as it will dry out quickly.
So next time you’re craving something sweet but don’t want to wait around for an hour or more for a traditional Cake recipe try making one in the microwave instead!
Moist Microwave Chocolate Cake
This is the cake you want when you need a chocolate fix fast. It’s so simple to make and only takes a few minutes in the microwave. The texture is moist and fudgy, like a brownie, and it’s intensely chocolatey.
Serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream for an extra-special treat.
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons (30 grams) of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
3 Ingredient Mug Cake
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious dessert, look no further than this 3 ingredient mug cake! Made with just a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry, this microwave cake is ready in just a few minutes. Perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth without having to make a whole cake, this recipe is sure to become a new favorite.
To make this mug cake, simply combine 1/4 cup self-rising flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder in a large mug or bowl. Stir until the ingredients are well combined. Add 1/4 cup milk and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and mix until everything is combined and there are no lumps.
Microwave on high for 60-90 seconds, or until the cake is cooked through. Allow cooling slightly before eating. This mug cake is rich and chocolatey, with a soft and fluffy texture.
It’s the perfect single-serving dessert when you’re craving something sweet but don’t want to overdo it. Enjoy as is, or top with some whipped cream or ice cream for an extra special treat!
In just a few minutes, you can make a delicious chocolate cake in the microwave. All you need is a mug, some basic ingredients, and a microwave. This chocolate cake is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth without having to make an entire cake.
Plus, it’s super easy to make! Simply mix together the dry ingredients in a mug, add the wet ingredients, and microwave for about 60 seconds. Then top with your favorite frosting or decorations and enjoy!
Asma Sheikh is a food and recipe blogger who loves to cook and bake. Her blog, “Kitchen Crunch”, is all about sharing her recipes with the world. Asma has been cooking and baking since she was a little girl, and she loves to share her passion with others. She believes that anyone can cook, no matter their skill level, and she enjoys helping others to learn new techniques and recipes.