Who doesn’t love French toast? It’s a delicious breakfast treat that can be enjoyed any time of day. And while it may seem like a complicated dish to make, it’s actually quite simple – especially if you make it in the microwave.
With just a few ingredients and a little bit of time, you can enjoy fresh, hot French toast anytime. Here’s how to do it: Start by gathering your ingredients.
You will need bread (sliced), eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and butter. You can also add cinnamon to taste. Then, heat your butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds until melted.
Next, beat your eggs in a bowl with the milk, sugar, and vanilla extract until combined. Dip each slice of bread into the mixture, making sure to coat both sides well. Then place the slices on a plate or baking sheet and cook in the microwave for about 2 minutes per side (or until golden brown).
Serve immediately with syrup or fruit and enjoy!
- Start by heating up your microwave to about 375 degrees
- Cut your bread into pieces that will fit comfortably in your microwave-safe dish
- In a bowl, whisk together your eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract until everything is combined
- Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture until it is coated on all sides
- Place the dipped bread pieces into your microwave-safe dish, and make sure they are not touching each other
- Microwave for about 2 minutes, or until the French toast is cooked through
- Serve with syrup and butter!
How to Make French Toast in the Microwave?
How Do You Make Toast in a Microwave?
Assuming you would like a step-by-step guide on how to make toast in a microwave:
1. Get a slice of bread and put it on a microwavable plate.
2. Spread butter or margarine on the slice of bread, if desired.
3. Put the plate in the microwave and heat for 30-60 seconds, depending on how crispy you want your toast to be.
4. Remove from the microwave and enjoy!
How Do You Make French Toast Sticks in the Microwave?
French toast sticks are a delicious and easy breakfast option that can be made in the microwave. To make French toast sticks, you will need:
- Bread (sliced into 1-inch pieces)
- Eggs -Milk -Cinnamon
- Butter or Margarine
1. In a bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Add cinnamon to taste.
2. Dip bread slices into egg mixture, making sure each piece is well coated.
3. Place bread onto a plate or shallow dish, and then microwave on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute per slice, until bread is cooked through.
4. Melt butter or margarine in a small dish.
How Do You Make French Toast in 5 Steps?
Recipe for French Toast:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 slices of day-old bread, cut 1-inch thick (preferably brioche, challah, or Pullman loaf)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Fresh fruit, for serving (optional)
- Whisk together milk, heavy cream, eggs, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Place bread slices into the mixture one at a time making sure each side is evenly coated. Allow the bread to soak up the mixture for 5 minutes. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Grease a baking sheet with 2 tablespoons of butter. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Add soaked bread slices to the skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides; approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the cooked French toast onto the prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven until crisp; about 10 minutes.
How Do You Make French Toast Without Getting Soggy?
When it comes to French toast, there are a few things that you can do in order to avoid getting soggy bread. First of all, you want to make sure that your bread is not too thick. If it is, then it will take longer to cook and be more likely to soak up the egg mixture.
Another thing you can do is preheat your pan or griddle before adding any butter or oil. This will help to create a barrier between the bread and the pan so that the bread doesn’t stick and also prevents it from soaking up too much of the egg mixture. Finally, don’t forget to flip your French toast halfway through cooking!
This ensures that both sides of the bread get crispy and golden brown.
How to Make French Toast in the Microwave Without Eggs
If you’re in the mood for a delicious breakfast but don’t want to go through the hassle of cooking eggs, French toast is the perfect solution. And contrary to popular belief, you can actually make it in the microwave without using any eggs at all.
- 1 slice of bread
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
1. In a bowl or mug, combine milk, butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. Microwave for 30 seconds, or until butter is melted.
2. Dip bread slice into the milk mixture until evenly coated.
3. Place on a plate and sprinkle with cinnamon (if desired).
4. Microwave for 60 seconds, or until bread is cooked through. Serve immediately with syrup or fruit topping of your choice. Enjoy!
How to Make French Toast in the Microwave Without Milk
French toast is a classic breakfast dish that can be made in the microwave without milk. All you need is bread, eggs, and butter.
1. Begin by heating up your butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds. You want it to be melted, but not hot.
2. In a bowl, whisk together your eggs and sugar (if using).
3. Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, making sure both sides are coated evenly.
4. Place the slices of bread onto a plate or into a baking dish, and then pour the remaining egg mixture over top.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 5 minutes so that the bread can absorb the egg mixture.
Microwave French Toast Without Milk
Microwave French Toast without Milk
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled slightly (or margarine)
- 6 slices of bread
- 3/4 to 1 inch thick (crusts removed if desired)
- Syrup, honey, or fruit spread optional toppings
1. Combine flour, salt, and sugar in a bowl. Stir in eggs and water until the mixture is smooth. Stir in butter.
2. Place three slices of bread in a single layer on a microwaveable plate. Spoon one-fourth of the egg mixture over the bread slices, spreading it to cover the tops completely. Microwave on high for 45 seconds to 1 minute or until set.
3. Repeat with the remaining bread and egg mixture. Serve immediately with syrup or other desired toppings.
Who doesn’t love French toast? The ooey gooey goodness of eggs, milk, and bread, all soaked in cinnamon and sugar. And the best part is that it’s so easy to make!
Asma Sheikh is a food and recipe blogger who loves to cook and bake. Her blog, “Kitchen Crunch”, is all about sharing her recipes with the world. Asma has been cooking and baking since she was a little girl, and she loves to share her passion with others. She believes that anyone can cook, no matter their skill level, and she enjoys helping others to learn new techniques and recipes.