Hard boiled eggs are a great breakfast food, but they can be a pain to make. If you’re short on time, or just don’t want to deal with the hassle of boiling water, you can cook hard-boiled eggs in the microwave.
Just follow these simple steps and you’ll have perfect hard boiled eggs in no time.
- Place eggs in a microwave-safe dish and add enough water to cover them
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes
- Remove from microwave and let sit for 1 minute before peeling
Why Shouldn’t You Microwave Boiled Eggs?
When it comes to microwaving food, there are definitely some dos and don’ts. And one food that you should definitely not be microwaving is boiled eggs. Here’s why:
The main reason why you shouldn’t microwave boiled eggs is that they can explode. That’s right, those little guys can turn into mini bombs if you’re not careful. This is because the water inside the egg expands when heated, which causes a build-up of pressure until…boom!
The egg explodes and makes quite the mess in your microwave. In addition to being messy, exploding eggs can also be dangerous. If the eggshell shatters, bits of sharp shell could end up in your food (not to mention all over your microwave).
And if the egg explodes with enough force, it could cause burns or other injuries. So it’s definitely best to err on the side of caution and avoid microwaving boiled eggs altogether.
How Do I Microwave an Egg Without It Exploding?
When it comes to microwaving eggs, there are a couple of things you need to keep in mind to avoid an explosion. First, make sure the egg is pierced before putting it in the microwave. This will allow steam to escape and prevent the egg from exploding.
Second, cook the egg on a lower setting. High heat is more likely to cause an explosion. Start with 30 seconds and then increase the time as needed.
Finally, be careful when taking the egg out of the microwave. The contents will be hot and under pressure, so use caution when handling them.
Can You Boil an Egg in the Microwave in the Shell?
Yes, you can boil an egg in the microwave in the shell. It is important to use a cup or dish that is deep enough to completely submerge the egg. Add water so it covers the egg by at least an inch.
Place the egg in the microwave and cook on high for three minutes. Use a spoon to carefully remove the egg from the hot water. The white will be cooked through and the yolk will be soft-boiled.
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs in the Microwave?
How Many Minutes to Hard Boil an Egg in Microwave
A lot of people don’t know that you can actually hard boil an egg in the microwave. It’s a really quick and easy way to do it, and it doesn’t take very long at all.
Here’s how you do it:
– Get a bowl or mug that is big enough to fit an egg in. Fill it with water so that the egg is completely submerged.
– Place the bowl or mug in the microwave and set it to cook for 3 minutes on high power.
– Carefully remove the egg from the hot water using a spoon. Hold it under cold running water for a few seconds to stop the cooking process.
– Your egg is now ready to eat!
You can peel and eat it as is, or use it in your favorite recipe.
How to Boil Eggs in Microwave Without Exploding
Are you tired of dealing with the mess that comes with boiling eggs on the stove? If so, you’ll be happy to know that you can boil eggs in the microwave without exploding. All you need is a bowl of water and your trusty microwave.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Start by filling a bowl with cold water. You’ll need enough to cover the eggs completely.
2. Gently place the eggs into the water. Make sure they’re not touching each other or the sides of the bowl.
3. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. 4 minutes if you’re using large eggs.
4. Carefully remove the eggs from the water and enjoy! Just remember to use caution when handling hot eggs straight out of the microwave oven.
How to Soft Boil an Egg in the Microwave
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to soft boil an egg, the microwave is the way to go.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Start by placing your egg in a microwave-safe bowl or cup. Add enough water to cover the egg completely.
2. Microwave the egg on high power for 30 seconds. Carefully remove the egg from the hot water and place it in a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process.
3. Peel off the shell and enjoy your perfectly cooked soft-boiled egg!
Hard Boiled Eggs in Microwave As Seen on Tv
Who knew that making hard-boiled eggs in the microwave was so easy? I certainly didn’t until I saw it on TV. Now, I’m a convert!
This method is quick, and simple, and produces perfectly cooked eggs every time. Here’s how to do it: place your eggs in a single layer on a plate or in a bowl and then cover them with water. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
Allow the eggs to sit in the hot water for an additional 3 minutes before removing and placing them in ice water. That’s it! The beauty of this method is that you can cook as many or as few eggs as you like at one time.
No more waiting around for a pot of boiling water to come to a boil or dealing with messy shells after cooking. Give this microwave method a try next time you need hard-boiled eggs and you’ll be hooked!
If you’re short on time or don’t want to deal with the fuss of boiling water on the stove, making hard boiled eggs in the microwave is a perfectly viable option. All you need is a bowl of water, a plate, and your eggs.
Start by placing your eggs in the bowl of water and microwaving them for three minutes.
Then, carefully transfer the eggs to the plate and let them sit for another minute before peeling. And that’s it! You now have perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs without any hassle.
Asma Sheikh is a food and recipe blogger who loves to cook and bake. Her blog, “Kitchen Crunch”, is all about sharing her recipes with the world. Asma has been cooking and baking since she was a little girl, and she loves to share her passion with others. She believes that anyone can cook, no matter their skill level, and she enjoys helping others to learn new techniques and recipes.